- Raising 7 to 12 Year Olds With Confidence and Awareness
No longer little children, but not yet teenagers, children in the primary school years (between seven and twelve) face big emotional, social, psychological and physical changes. How can parents best support their children whilst also embracing their growing independence?
Inspired by the Waldorf approach to child development, Lou Harvey-Zahra explains the three major transitions, or 'rubicons', of middle childhood at ages seven, nine and twelve. She offers practical tips and guidance to help parents through the challenges of the middle years, including:
- Creative solutions for common discipline issues
- Helpful routines for busy households to strengthen family bonds
- Suggested responses to tricky childhood questions
- Sensitive advice to help children manage anger and anxiety
This text empowers parents to navigate the middle years with greater confidence.
Written by Lou Harvey-Zahra